XPS insulation for both wooden and concrete sub floors, work hand in hand however, this is especially necessary on a concrete sub floor with underfloor heating installed as the concrete will drain the heat from your underfloor heating downwards and require heating X mm of concrete before heating your room. However, this can be avoided, with our low-cost Underfloor Heating Insulation Board which will increase the efficiency of your underfloor heating system and reduce your overall heating bill.
The XPS insulation boards measure 620 x 600mm for the 6mm and 10mm. However, the 20mm board measures 600 x 600mm.
- High thermal insulation capacity, (blocks out cold).
- Totally inert, (doesn’t degrade with time or conditions).
- Light easy and safe to handle.
- Easy to cut with sharp knife / fine tooth saw.
- Resistant to tile, building cement and most other building compounds.
- Water and damp proof.
- High compression ratio. (minimum 30 tonnes, (yes tonnes!) per sqm)
- Environmentally friendly.